The Research Database (RDB) is created by the Yale Undergraduate Research Association (YURA) as a cross-disciplinary database of Yale faculty with profile and research information. With department filters and keyword search functions, the database is a collection of information about faculty members from all departments at Yale. It aims to provide Yale undergraduates of any disciplines a convenient, user-friendly, and more intuitive platform to find out about the work of faculty at Yale and look for potential undergraduate research mentors.
RDB is meant to be an integrated springboard for learning about and connecting with faculty. After looking for interesting faculty members, do go to their websites and reach to them via email to learn more about them and their research!
If you are looking for more resources and information about undergraduate research, fellowships and other related events, we've got you covered— head over to YURA's website!
How to Use
Log in to the listings through the "Log In" button above. On the listings page, you can find, for each faculty member, their:
- Affiliated departments, programs and/or schools
- A brief description of their work and research
To learn more about them, click on the name or "Go to website" to access the faculty members' webpage.
- Use the keyword search box to search for names or keywords in descriptions
- Use the “Departments” box to filter the list by their affiliated departments and programs
- Click on "Clear" to remove the searches and filters
- We now have a "Favorites" function! Add specific professors to "Favorites" to keep track of their listing. Bookmarked professors will always be shown at the top of search results.
Explore around the database to try out some of the features yourself!